Epsilon Italia srl was established in 1996 (as MiCE-Microwave Consulting Engineering) and is an independent private company registered at the Chamber of Commerce No. 02080030782, Cosenza, Italy. The company provides innovative technologies in the areas of: (i) space technologies & satellite telecommunications, (ii) earth observation with an emphasis in remote sensing applications and GIS technologies in multiple sectors ranging from water resources or environment and to aviation, and (iii) geospatial technologies of all types, including large geodata-base development, INSPIRE/OGC standardisation, geo-portals development, and freeware utilization, next to the usage of the ESRI technologies as a core of its development technology. A major focus is placed to end users.
Epsilon Italia srl is known for: solving problems of the industry, developing new technologies and state-of-technology application, conducting R&D directly or in partnership with universities & research centres, transferring of innovative technologies to the end-users, and having accomplished numerous projects as prime contractor and as partner for various international and national programmes, whilst being deeply engaged in supporting public local authorities and private companies in the implementation of their regional development policy programmes.
Epsilon Italia srl:
- Is authorized (2006+) by the joint NASA-USA/ASTER-JAPAN Science Team to request and use ASTER data for research and education purposes.
- Has a cooperation agreement (2005+) with Kreade Inno, Intergraph RSP (Registered Solution Provider), aimed to promoting commercial activities in the field of GIS and WEBGIS.
- Has a cooperation agreement (2004+) with the CAMILab (Automatic Cartography and Hydrogeological Modelling Laboratory), Department of Soil Conservation, University of Calabria, for the promotion of R&D in the field of remote sensing and applied to hydrology.
- Is a Distributor (2004+) of the Earth Resource Mapping GIS-products.
- Is the Territorial Partner (2004+) of Planetek Italia spa, the Italian Leader in Earth Observation and in the entire spectrum of GIS technology applications.
- Is registered with the National Research Register (51234XZS/July 2002).
- Is a Member of the CALPARK Scientific and Technological Park of Calabria scpa (1998+), a joint-stock consortium of public bodies and private enterprises acting for Technology Transfer in Calabria.
- Is registered (12706/1998) with the European Space Agency (ESA) as potential suppliers.
Dr. Giacomo Martirano
back to Companies