Services - Maritime
Services on shipping navigation technologies, vessel lifecycle assessment, marine database and technologies for facilitating port management and the entire spectrum of environmental sciences.
In the Marine & Maritime sectors, EPSILON provides niche/specialized technological expertise in shipping navigation technologies (as down scaled from our aviation and land navigation technologies), vessel life-cycle assessments as well as marine databases and technologies facilitating port management. Furthermore, ¬†EPSILON addresses the entire spectrum of needs concerning
- ocean/environmental sciences (via ICT and geoinformatics adjusted/applied pes specific case/application);
- marine technologies in coop with ocean engineering/sciences (http://info.csaocean.com/contact-cyprus/);
- ships specs for Defence (e.g., compiling of the technical requirement and the technical evaluation for the successful acquisition of an Offshore Patrol Vessels);
- science and technology for AUVs (autonomous/unmanned underwater vehicles)
- GeoPlatforms for managing concerted UAV/AUV sensors
- alternative technologies in ship building, operation and maintenance (e.g. hybrid, electrification, cold ironing).
EPSILON is the Lead Coordinator of the VesselsLife.com cloud-platform for decision-support, funded by the EC/EMFF Fund (which includes an LCA module with Life Cycle Cost analyses -via KPIs or Key Performance Indicators- for set options/directives such as ‚Äúdesign/build/operate/recover or scrap‚ÄĚ).